Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Scenic Railway On Fire

Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan
Originally Posted By: Rob_Butler
Well, if that is not racist abuse an a lifetime ban from forum Alan won't have a leg to stand on next time he locks a topic.

For what reason is that racist Rob???

Don't forget Alex lives in Ramsgate wink

to Bluegate Alan in defence of Rob, i think it was Alex remarks that all travelers are thieves, and not the fact they may live in Ramsgate ,
to Welshbob ( RE THANET TIMES TODAY) have not seen thanet crimes so havent seen the headline you on about, but if its cos ramsgate won the cup that no one in kent has won before then it is great to see this ,and the sourgrapes that you have makes it even enjoyable, and at least we got younsters in our squard to, we collected a trophy ramsgates on the UP - still dont care bout my spelling etc

If i posted the same thing Alan, but against a different ethnic minority group, i'm sure something would hsve been done.

"What like the crime rate in the area around Hartsdown school and Garlinge has shot up at the same time as Poles have moved into the housing estate off Westfield Road".......

That sort of thing Rob??

Originally Posted By: BlueGate Alan
Well, if that is not racist abuse an a lifetime ban from forum Alan won't have a leg to stand on next time he locks a topic.

For what reason is that racist Rob???

Don't forget Alex lives in Ramsgate wink

Don't worry about it Alan obviously Rob isn't intellectual enough to watch the news

Originally Posted By: Tony_T
BBC Radio Kent reporter David Linington said the rollercoaster was burning strongly and had collapsed.

"It is devastating," said Thanet District Council leader Sandy Ezekiel.

"It is tragic - I used to go on it when I was a kid.

"To see it like this is heartbreaking."

YEH RIGHT SANDY COURSE YOU ARE..........

Hardly a goddam tragedy a few bits of wood burning. It's a travesty that it's burnt. It should be rebuilt as it's a land mark for Margate, and for Frankie, run him out of office if it's not!

As a Margate exile, I find it really sad to read of the Dreamland fire. Apart from MFC, a couple of parks and the Winter Gardens I struggle to find much that I remember from the past down there now.

Originally Posted By: Drummer
As a Margate exile, I find it really sad to read of the Dreamland fire. Apart from MFC, a couple of parks and the Winter Gardens I struggle to find much that I remember from the past down there now.

What you remember of Margate and how it is now is poles apart.........also kosavans apart, solvakians apart, litunanians apart and russians apart....

Could be BGA, but the trouble is anyone up here who knows me knows also that if they mention Margate to me they won't get away in under an hour following my lecture on the benefits of the town.

Now I am a bit stuck because I don't know what to tell people about Westwood Cross and the Turner Centre as tourist attractions.

Westwood Cross badly designed group of shops with a dangerous road system and car park.......much better going to Canterbury

Turner Centre unable to house ANY Turner paintings (as per KCC) due to atmospheric conditions, will be used to house school childrens painting currently on show in the empty shops of Margate High Street. Currently costing 17.5 million for 3 rooms and a snack bar although dont be surprised when the costs go up again towards the 50 million the last idea was costing as the people in charge have demanded that no cost ceiling be imposed.

Does that help????

I know what you mean Drummer, I moved to Margate as a teenager, changed dramatically now and certainly not for the best. Very sad.