Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attendance...

PatMan

Originally Posted By: PatMan

Heaven forbid people wanting to see more than one game!!

True - the only comment I would make in their defence is the cost of two trips from Liverpool or Leeds a couple of weeks apart.

There are about 22,000 MyFC members in the UK - If we can get 25% of them to one game each season it would add about 240 to the gate of every game. And handful of mini buses to each game would have an effect. Also finding some way to tap into the 4,000+ in London and the 1,000+ in Kent. Maybe we'll have to wait for the local line to Eurostar next year for London - but it is something to ponder. There has been a small increase in the attendances since November (I think an average of about 100). It would be great to get that figure up by another 240.

You do know(ofcourse you do), that there is a railway line that runs from Charing Cross, London Bridge and Waterloo(all in London), to a little Station called Northfleet(remember that name, used to be part of the Clubs name), a five minute walk from the ground. Obviously the 4,000 membersin London have never heard of it!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
You do know(ofcourse you do),

Yes I do - and you know that it can take a lot of time to get from many parts of London to Northfleet. Indeed many travelling from greater distances can get to the ground quicker than those in London. 2009 will make it easier and it might help (then again it might not).

Originally Posted By: doheochai

Yes I do - and you know that it can take a lot of time to get from many parts of London to Northfleet. Indeed many travelling from greater distances can get to the ground quicker than those in London. 2009 will make it easier and it might help (then again it might not).

Dom, the opening of Ebbsfleet to 'domestic' passengers will indeed reduce the time taken from London... But this service will cost about a 1/3 more than the standard rail cost, therefore giving those who dont really want to make the effort yet another excuse not to turn up!

The Ebbsfleet line will obviously be for the Prawn Sandwich brigade. I wish I was there to see their faces, when they see Stonebridge Road for the first time..............And get their Gucci shoes annointed in the toilets!.........I bet they won't be able to wait to return..............To London that is! biglaugh

As for the Kentish members, they obviously don't know about the Road system in Kent!

Originally Posted By: PatMan
to be honest, I think that those who really WANT to watch a game will already have made the effort. The rest will hang on and hope for promotion, and/or a shiny new stadium.

You may well be right - time will tell. And the same could be said about the local support as well. Hopefully over the next few months we can create a situation where more locals and more MyFC members from further afield get to games.

Originally Posted By: doheochai

You may well be right - time will tell. And the same could be said about the local support as well. Hopefully over the next few months we can create a situation where more locals and more MyFC members from further afield get to games.

I think the locals have shown their loyalty in the past - and its not to the Fleet! (Unless its a big game, they wont turn up)
Your plan to organise coaches showed that no matter how much you take away excuses for people not to go - they still have to WANT to go.

I fear that the domestic service to London commencing next year from Ebbsfleet International will be likely to often have a reverse effect to that suggested. It will suddenly become a lot faster to reach Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea etc, albeit at a greater cost than the existing rail service. Hopefully come next season we can retain the interest of a number of the daytrippers who will be "supporting" the Fleet on the 10th May. Even if we do, the lure of the Premiership will almost certainly fail to halt the majority of them whether they attend or more likely watch matches on TV. Stopping the screening of live TV matches on Saturdays would have a greater impact in improving our atendances.

Originally Posted By: kmj
Stopping the screening of live TV matches on Saturdays would have a greater impact in improving our atendances.

I wonder if the club gave people a better environment to watch the TV game either before or after (or both!) the Fleet match, would this encourage more to turn up? Nice big screen, food and drink to a decent standard, that kinda thing...

yep same old argument,make the whole bar area more like sports bar, big screans, memrabilia etc , better chairs, and people would want to attend pre match rather than going to the pub to watch the lunchtime game,,,, but what do we know, no one from the bloody club listens on these kind of issues.

Originally Posted By: UP FLEET
yep same old argument,make the whole bar area more like sports bar, big screans, memrabilia etc , better chairs, and people would want to attend pre match rather than going to the pub to watch the lunchtime game,,,, but what do we know, no one from the bloody club listens on these kind of issues.

I would imagine that it would not have been financial viable to entertain such suggestions in the past. We are not Man U or Arsenal ( or even Spurs !) you know.

However, under the new regime such suggestions maybe considered I would imagine ? Or at least run a coach/shuttle bus from Fleet Leisure ( which seems to have most of your requirements ) to the ground.

FL is usually empty when I have been in there....the food is good though.....so is the Strongbow !

Join up & make the suggestion........

Cheers,

Upon further thought, I like the sound of my idea even more !!

Perhaps DA11 or Spencer may wish to consider. We have a perfectly good ( under used ?) facility at Fleet Leisure so why not make that your rendezvous pre match. Big Screen for the lunchtime kick offs. Bit late for this season but maybe something to think about for next season ?

Cheers,