Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Safety Officer

Gate Watcher

Surely the C-word (that rhymes with punt) is on a par with the P-word (that rhymes with tick)

If you ban the C-word, then you would have to ban the P word too, to be even handed as it were...

I like swearing, but cannot do so at work, so I look forward to a good session at a game....no offence ! duck

Just a thought...will the club take action against players heard shouting obscenities? At this level spectators can hear most of what the players say.

My own view is that football matches are supposed to be feisty and emotional - otherwise you might as well spend your Saturdays at B&Q. I don't agree with all that the choir sing but I don't believe in gagging people either.

Ok, I'm a prominent member of the choir: I sing and I swear. Come and arrest me if you like. If Margate want absolutely no atmosphere at the ground, and it to be more like a morgue, then they are going the right way about it. Unless swearing is used to directly abuse a player, I really can't see what the problem is. As aforementioned, it is often used firmly tongue-in-cheek. You will never remove swearing from the terraces.

As for the safety officer, don't even get me started. First thing he said "I've already warned you before, don't swear". Well, that was wrong for a start, he hadn't 'already warned' us. Secondly, I contested that I guarantee that in the first half, he must have heard some obscene language from the Heybridge fans, yet he firmly stated "No. Nothing". Yet now I hear that he had already had to speak to the Heybridge fans. Well, lying to the younger fans? Ban him from the ground.

What a load of rubbish. Up the [****!!****] Gate!

Originally Posted By: ooh!!bodyform
im sorry greg i disagree i think the c word is far worse than the p word!! without a doubt

If you a referring to a player, for example, as a part of the female genetalia...surely it's just as insulting as referring to them as a part of male genetalia....duck

this is my point duck

Why have the club released this statement about the safety officer it seems a non story to me or perhaps does it mean that the club do read the posts on the forum? If that is the case then perhaps they should tackle more important things discussed here.

Have to agree with you there Tom. Good to hear it but unecessary i.m.o.

Talking about more important issues,on Saturday I had a word with our Chairman (if you are looking in Malcolm,please take note)asking for something concerning the ground re-build to be put out. An update maybe.

Was under the impression something was imminent. Still nothing!!

Maybe now I've brought the subject up again we might now get that update or do we have to start a thread on the subject to get satisfaction.After all,like you say,they DO look in, as is obvious.