Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC 2 BTFC 1 FT

Originally Posted By: Blue fan
as a fan i feel so let down this season by the inconsistant play, i wonder if the players really know what we the fans have to go though to get to these matches giving up our saturdays or our mid week games getting our shifts changed etc Ashford town ,margate , ramsgate,and so on,and you think to your self? why, the fans have made a great effort, but the team? i do think over the summer the managers and the team will have to do some real deep thinking,and ask, do we really want this or not? i get a feeling that some of the players perfer to stay where we are,

I can understand your dissapointment Blue Fan; we're used to being "in contention" over the past few seasons and it hurts not to be up there challenging. But there have been highlights, such as the Swansea game and the cup run.

It's been a strange old season, what with the change of management and perhaps we should be pleased that we're not in a battle to avoid the drop (although I believe that's still mathematically possible!). It's the "lows" that make the "highs" all the more enjoyable.

Keep the faith mate.

I would suspect Jason has learnt a lot about some players this season. I still stand by comments such as "there would be one hell of a lot of non league clubs whose managers/players/chairman AND fans! would love to be in our position." As a club we are the 135 best followed (take the 90 football league clubs out) and you then get a very enviable picture across the country eh wink

Our recent seasons have seen challenges for the top/playoffs cup runs etc. We succeeded in the cup run this year but have faltered somewhat with our league campaign. But it has been somewhat of a transgresion this season - So next season is going to be where it begins.

But, away from home is where we have probably? always struggled and that would be a major block to rectify.

Rick ,BB, Keith, i ve taken on board what you all have said and i know i should not have said some of those things but it just hit home at that moment in time when i wrote it, my faith will never go for Billericay Town, the people in the bar and behind the goal who i have had the pleasure of meeting are to me an extended family, it doesn't matter where i meet you all, old and young, i have always felt welcomed, see you at the Tonbridge game, Blue fan. ps, BB i might start drinking the apple juice instead smile

mate, nothing wrong imo with anything you said - You will probably find many folk agree. smile Like has been said many times on here, folk should be able to air a point of view.

Back on terrace Sat for the Angels visit - Looking forward to it already....Now then, about time i won this damn 50-50 thing ! grin

There is nothing wrong with what you have said BF. It was an honest account of how you feel. It's no good biting your tounge and letting your feelings fester over how you feel. Many of us have travelled far and wide to support the club over many a season. Some of us who are longer in th tooth have seen many things and experienced delight, happiness, joy and justification (last seasons POSF is an example) as well as heartache, frustration...there is no "given" in football.

How can we judge the good times with all that goes with it without having the frustration of not succeeding? The many emotions we all have during the season play off each other. It hurts when we lose but don't we love it when we win. You have to have one to enjoy the other.

We can all look towards those clubs that have passed us and wonder but like them, we'll have our day. We have a great club, one that is stable and looking towards sustanable success. Not bought with a large wallet by someone who may, or may not be with us to follow that success up.

Will we get what we wish next season? I don't know. I'd like to think so and I know that we all will be pushing to make a better season then this one...but if not, it won't be for the lack of trying and then we'll soldier on to the next season. There is plenty of ambition at this club...have faith.

Now...about you drinking apple juice. They come in many guises but you can't get away from the fact that they are all a fruit based drink for the ladies. May I perhaps guide you perhaps to a mans drink of a bitter...or a light and bitter or a Newcastle Brown?