Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Proper supporters

Originally Posted By: Jeff
This is indeed good news.
I feel better knowing that I will not be surrounded by people going 'what's the goalkeeper called?'

Let's make some NOISE!

I have a total of four home shirts from through the ages so I will be giving these out to the non-believers who have jumped on the bandwagon to wear on the day.

Jeff, you can add 2 of my previous shirts to your quota there if you like. I'll be taking my current top to Orlando, but you can give out the other 2 as long as you look after them

Sorry Waggamick. My three old ones will go to the hangers on who I am going to the match with.

Cheers Chris.

Maybe you could have one of those Mick?

He has a red one and a blue/grey away one from a seasons back.

I would go for the red one.

Will obviously have to find somewhere to meet up with you first though.

So who is this god that defines who is a proper supporter.

I like many others attend home games regardless of snow, rain, wind, cold Tuesdays and imbeciles and have done so for many, many years.

Rarely do I attend away matches, unless they are reasonably close, but I do consider myself to be a supporter, proper or otherwise.

evil

Agreed, Bill. I can't make all home games, nor can I make most away games.

I was free to watch the reserves last week at Margate, though, so went. And very enjoyable it was too.

As I saw the Ramsgate and Dartford KSC games as well, I guess I am more a fan of the youth/reserve team than the first team.

One thing is certain.

At Wembley, we will all be singing from the same hymnn sheet!!

Sorry Waggamick. My three old ones will go to the hangers on who I am going to the match with.

Cheers Chris.

Maybe you could have one of those Mick?

He has a red one and a blue/grey away one from a seasons back.
I would go for the red one.

Will obviously have to find somewhere to meet up with you first though.

Would be great.
Meeting at Globe (42-47 Marylebone St) opposite Baker St. Tube entrance at 11am.
Will buy you a beer or two. beer2

Originally Posted By: Bill Kent
So who is this god that defines who is a proper supporter.

I like many others attend home games regardless of snow, rain, wind, cold Tuesdays and imbeciles and have done so for many, many years.

Rarely do I attend away matches, unless they are reasonably close, but I do consider myself to be a supporter, proper or otherwise.

evil

Maybe the question should be, when Is someone not a real supporter? that way you less inclined to insult people.

I will start with the obvious, people that turn up once every 5 /10 years when there is a big or important game on.there glory hunters just so they can say they were there.

Yep. That was where I was heading anyway.

Not sure how we will find each other though.

Will you be wearing a red rose? I will be in a red shirt!

I'll have to pick the shirt up from Chris before he goes to the States. This will not be a problem.

Real supporters are those who make the effort to get up out of the armchair and go to the games, not those who take the pi** when you go to work on a monday morning cos we have lost and they are crowing that WE are top of the league ( Man utd ) when nthey have never ever seen them play live........that reallys pisses me off

Originally Posted By: ahsatan
Real supporters are those who make the effort to get up out of the armchair and go to the games, not those who take the pi** when you go to work on a monday morning cos we have lost and they are crowing that WE are top of the league ( Man utd ) when nthey have never ever seen them play live........that reallys pisses me off

I have a feeling your not alone on that one.

Yep. That was where I was heading anyway.

Not sure how we will find each other though.

Will you be wearing a red rose? I will be in a red shirt!

I'll have to pick the shirt up from Chris before he goes to the States. This will not be a problem.

Much appreciated.
I'll be wearing a green Wagga Wagga Country Club floppy hat.
It's getting exciting...isn't it!!!!!!
Mick

Just got the 'Red Shirt' reference.

That's ok I'll just walk around the bar yelling out Jeff!

I'll be in Spain with Wagga Sally (wife)from April 9th-21st and Italy until May 8th then its Venice to Gatwick.

I'll keep an eye out for possible Ebsfleet (Cheer Leaders) signings!

Or the man u 'fan' on talk sport after the aldershot game 2nd leg, who had the audacity to moan about the manager's tactics and team selection because they had only beaten Derby 1-0, and gone top of the premiersh*t, and when asked whether he was at the game, he replied no.

Anyway, glory hunters or not, as long as they come and support the Fleet on May 10th I do not care, it is all money in our coffers.

Originally Posted By: waggamick

Meeting at Globe (42-47 Marylebone St) opposite Baker St. Tube entrance at 11am.

This Globe place... is it, like, fairly big? Cos if we're all going there, how the hell will I get a drink in!!

And another thing, is it more welcoming than Gravesend's former Globe pub, surely one of the worst sh!tholes in living memory?