Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New forum

SteveB

I have been working on a new forum, as an alternative to this one when it goes down etc, for a bit but with Fans Focus going offline for a bit yesterday I mentioned it on the Ramsgate forum (of all places) and it has been very well recieved.

12 members, 60 posts and 17 topics at the time of writing the main features are a chat room (although the one I am using at the moment is not the one that I will get installed eventually), better formatting in posts, seperate boards for seperate things (First Team, Reserve, Youth, Off Topic etc) and a host of other features that I either have not looked into myself yet or have not installed.

It can be found at http://margate.wsnw.net/forum

Steve

Originally Posted By: JeremyJacobs
Young Steve - The MFC Facebook Group is better!!

I would thinnk that that is down to individuals tastes. I do not like Facebook or any of those networking sites but I do like fully featured forums with chat rooms and other useful functions.
I dare say that there are people who are the opposite to me and prefer the likes of Facebook. Or even people who realise there is a market for both types and use both!
Steve

Ancient Blue, tsk, tsk

All of us are aware of the brilliant work Steve does for the club and I'll support his forum. My Facebook group is just another alternative resource. Best for pics, video's and other stuff. Web 2.0 is vast Ancient Blue. The Margate message has to be out there in various forms. Facebook, MySpace et al can provide that. The next thing, of course ought to be MFCTV.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know that there has been a major overhaul of the new forum today with a few new features and some fixes for a few of the previous problems.

Please note though that anyone who used to access the site via www.margate.wsnw.net/index.php won't be able to anymore. Either use just www.margate.wsnw.net or www.margate.wsnw.net/index.html

Steve