Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough Town vs Windsor & Eton - Line Ups, H/T, F/T

GarySTFC

If thoughts are personal, it is probably best you get yourself a disclaimer Chris so that we know your personal thoughts are not necessarily representative of the club of which you are a member of the management board.

I am fully aware of your commitment to the club. What I don't understand is why you have taken such offence to a remark about the SYCOB pitch. I seem to remember Farnborough reporting after their match at Holloways Park that it was played on a mudbath but was not met with this level of vitriol.

Woody is only on here $hit stirring as windsors site is dead! only 3 posts about Mondays game!

In any case how can you comment on the pitch Woody - you are not tall enough to see over the fencing and any moist ground would have come about due to your inabilaty to control your bladder - at least you did not get it on your self this time! wink

Woody's comments about the crowd are totally accurate. The crowd was pitiful and Windsor had a good following with them, probably half their average home gate.

I know we've had two crap seasons but 200 home supporters in a local derby is not good whichever way you look at it, even if we don't play in Slough.

Originally Posted By: MattSTFC
Let's also not forget that Newport IOW get 150 through the gates, which is not bad at all considering their situation, and they're worse than us (although we'll soon see about that!)

I think they cancel all ferries leaving IOW on a match day so they have nowhere else to go!

Actually, as a Bracknell fan with an average attendance of about 110, I shouldn't be dissing anyone's attendances!

Yes AFC Hayes are rubbish. They only have two of the best strikers in the league on their day with Dean Clark and the league's top scorer Danny Jordan, and have put nine-goals past us in two games with the second game them not getting out of first gear cos we were so crap!! ;-)

Guest Matt wefc

Just so everyone knows, i write Windsor's match reports for the website and i commented on the state of that pitch since i thought it affected the way both sides tried to play the game. It prevented fluent passing and removed what could have been a good spectacle. As for the game itself, i think that a lot of what you have said is true, Slough lack a striker who is capable of finishing the few chances that slough manage to create.

Maybe some of you should look at the way Slough play football rather than looking for excuses and slagging off windsor at every opportunity, since this takes the focus away from the key facts of the matter. the pitch was/ and is poor, but it has been for a while and at this stage in the season the league table says a lot about the way a side plays.

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
the pitch was/ and is poor, but it has been for a while and at this stage in the season the league table says a lot about the way a side plays.

Well blow me down... the league table never lies doh what a fount of knowledge your are.

As you seem to be very knowledgeable about Beaconsfield's pitch, what other games have you seen there this season?

Guest Matt Wefc

I don't make a habit of going to Beaconsfield, that habit was merely a passing point from what ive seen last season, and in the various seasons before that. as for the league table never lieing, you prooved exactly my point from the previous post, as a slough fan shouldn't you be more worried about thew way the side you supports play football rather than the view of one windsor fan commenting on the pitch? i'm not here to stir i just felt people should know the reason for why i made the comment in the first place.

Thanks for that Matt, yes we are crap, the pitch isn't very good either. Unfortunately we don't have a ground of our own as you well know and we don't have a lot of money as a result either. Add to that we've made a complete balls up of the season, 3 managers, 60 players says it all.

Hopefully wherever we end up next season we'll have a better & settled side and we will be able to look forward to a new ground and the financial benefits it will bring.

You will of course be most welcome to Arbour Vale should it come to fruition and hopefully you'll return home having been soundly thrashed by a resurgent Rebels.

Never forget how this club and its supporters have suffered in the last 10 years. It's no wonder we're a bit touchy.

Guest Anonymous

i wouldn't quite go that far, becasue i thought that there were positives that as a slough fan you could have taken from the game. as a windsor fan ive seen windsor's strikers score freely this year and i thought carroll and daly and to a lesser extent a few others did a good job of keeping them out. pritchard looked quite good in midfield and if you could find some one to partner davies im sure there would be a source of goals there. at this moment in time im well aware that slough are a side in transition as i remember the derby results form years ago when windsor never won! theres still a basis for the future there but it could take a few years to come in to fruition.

and to staines rebel: grow up.