Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough Town vs Windsor & Eton - Line Ups, H/T, F/T

GarySTFC

Chris i don't think they are unfair comments what i said

Although i agree perhaps heap of mud is a bit ott in the goal mouths it is the worst i have seen and the rest of the pitch is very uneven!! Stop defending it because you must have eyes! It does not matter how many sides play on it it's still a bad pitch!

Only match i can remember getting postponed at windsor this season due to the pitch was thanks to an amazing amount of water conming down during half time!!!

Lets remember stag meadow had 4 teams ( plus the pub football cup finals) on it for most of your stay and the pitch got worse season after season! Enough said!

Guest chris-sliski

Woody - dont patronise me ... especially on our own forum...

my orginal posting was about an unfair comment that your offical web site said ..... even you have now agreed this was harsh and ....OTT and an un even pitch does not make it a mud heap ...A little more thought should have been used to clubs that are a little unfortunate than yourself !

Yes well i can't speak for the person who writes the match report!!

as for this being 'your' forum. What are you going to do? Ban anyone who doesnt have the same view? Or perhaps just take the message off dispite everyone having seen it like what happened a few weeks ago?

Lovely talking to you good luck in your fight against relegation! ( okay NOW i am patronising you!)

woody

Guest chris-sliski

Why did you try to defend him the first time round ?

then agree with me....

you dont know what your doing ! or saying....

Typical Sliski as usual, as soon as anyone has anything to say that in the slightest criticises Slough Town, whether right or wrong, he's going off on one!

Yes, our pitch was a shambles for the second half of your stay at Stag Meadow but as Woody said, 2 first teams, 2 reserve teams, 1 youth team and a load of cup finals will do that to a pitch.

To say that the pitch was a mud heap on Monday, a little excesive but not too far from the truth. If you really believe that the pitch on Monday was any better than what you had at Stag Meadow last season then you are seriously deluded.

Also, as for this 'our forum' crap, if you don't want people associated with other teams coming on here and having there say then get your moderators to limit access only to Slough supporters.

Chris, what you do for Slough Town is commendable and it is people like yourself helping out wherever possible that keep clubs like Slough going, but you have got to learn, as I had to as well, that people will come onto forums like this and say things that you may not like but are none the less true.

Chris, I'd like to think the management board has got more important things to worry about than an opinion on the Beaconsfield pitch - you know, like trying to avoid relegation. Take a deep breath and remember it is not your job to defend Beaconsfield

KT - The board are doing all we can to support Derek and the team to avoid relegation this season as I am sure you are aware and will appreciate. Anyone who speaks with the chairman will know his desire to avoid the drop this year and Derek, Steve and myself have had a busy week in trying to improve us at every opportunity.

Guest chris-sliski

how rude..mal..to use a surname when you actually know me by my first name...but there you go...I will defend our club and Beaconsfield in this instance... Really your the one deluded the pitch on Monday was far better than many occassions I had to fork and sand your pitch ...we had on many occassion had to re paint lines and mark our penalty areas ..this after martin chivers had walked away ... so dont defend the state of your pitch in the last 2 years we were there....

This was always going to be an issue from Windsor to prove that Slough moved away because of the state of your pitch ...the comments were unfair and that was all this posting was about...

even you agree with me ! but want to continue this thread ..The point about our forum was that it was not about you coming on here and posting things it was more to the reference of patronising me personally on our site...(which you have also done with your last paragraph in your posting)

Maybe you need also to take off your rose tinted glasses...too...

Guest chris-sliski

Graham ..what are you trying to be judge & jury ...

My wife does knows exactley where my loyalties lie and the amount of time given to the cause .... but I am also allowed to have my own pesonal thoughts.....just like you are...

Can we talk about the football, or lack thereof, please?

We were sorely lacking up front on Monday. Windsor are a good team and fully deserved the win but we defended them quite well. They had a number of chances but the back four and keeper did a really good job, with Meddie and Daly being immense and Carroll pulling off a couple of decent saves.

However it's when we got the ball that the problems started. Despite the best efforts of guys like Pritchard, there is nothing up front. Abby had an absolute mare and I cannot understand why he played the whole 90 when we had a big lump like Sakala on the bench who could have come on to hold the ball up. He didn't even have to be fit to have an impact. Terry will run all day long but too often it's him running into the channels to deliver crosses when we really need a target man in the middle. If we don't score goals, then we won't win football matches.

I would also like to know what happened to Leon (Leeyon?) Phelan?

I hate to say it but this is where we are missing Lee Charles. He may have been unwilling to shoot in the best chances we have had, and had commitment issues, but he is one of the only players we have had this season who could hold the ball up when we got it.

We have been lacking a decent main striker all season long. Dan makes a decent point about Charles being the type of striker we need and he does have his qualities but he won't score any goals and didn't create enough to warrant the place in the team. I know Bettsy had identified the problem and it seems that Ocquaye and Phealen were the efforts to solve it. I was surprised that Abbey played up front Monday but he generally is a willing runner. I am not sure it was lack of effort from him on Monday more a lack of ability as a front man.

Pritchard seems an excellent signing and I think that DJ and Tom have a lot of promise on the wings but they need something in the box to aim for.

In terms of the pitch, who cares what Windsor make of it or what the state of their pitch is? The benefits of SYCOB are there for all to see and we get to turn up at home games and feel like it is at home without the attitude of some that went with sharing with Windsor. SYCOB seem to welcome the commercial benefits whereas some at Windsor felt that they were doing us a favour.

On the point of our fans being the self proclaimed best in the league - that's [****!!****] and I don't think anyone says that. We travel in numbers and have been warmly welcomed by most teams in the division. There is animosity between the Royalists and Rebels due to attitudes on both sides. I don't and never will see Windsor as our rivals despite our desperate performances over the last ten years.

Guest chris-sliski

Totally agree we need a good front man , with Terry Davis ..Terry was running around without getting much service..he thrives on service .the defence did battle well on monday ..and agree We as slough supporters will always support a team of battlers even though we might not win... so to battle ...cheers chris s

Originally Posted By: Martin
On the point of our fans being the self proclaimed best in the league - that's [****!!****] and I don't think anyone says that. We travel in numbers and have been warmly welcomed by most teams in the division.

It was never self proclaimed. There was a thread on another Southern League messageboard which contained the question about best opposition supporters in which Slough were mentioned by most respondants.

The management (playing and otherwise) will always appreciate the support the club receives in whatever format and do recognise the support that we have retained over the years as being some of the best supporters in football. To still have gates as high as we do given the last two years is some sort of miracle and to see the team clapped off after a defeat is tribute to the support we have.