Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Trott Must Go Before Next Season

Porka

Agree with all that Don. I just hark back to the start of the season when we were all (well a lot of us anyway) accepting the fact that we would probably end up mid-table this year. The fact that Trotty has managed to put a team together that could challenge for a place in the playoffs is a bonus in my humble opinion. O.K. the fact that we are probably not going to make the playoffs has now become a VERY BIG DISAPPOINTMENT, it remains a fact that none of us envisaged us being up in the top echelon in the first place. Give the bloke the chance to make good next season. I think he deserves that much. KEEP THE FAITH . . . Here endeth the sermon.

P.S. I too am not getting any younger and would like to see it all happen in my time. So please Trotty, pull your finger out next season. devil

And for goodness sake,start with the defence next time.

Most supporters could see the obvious that the defence needed sorting in July.

Why is it only now that RT is mildly conceding that all may not be well defensively-it was his responsibility to sort last summer.

Tell us that next season, the players wil start light training in mid June-2 weeks early without pay-because we are 'going for it',and even if we do not have the best players in terms of quality- next season tell us we will have the fittest and most organised players.

Then line up early some decent pre-season friendlies;to get a bit of excitement back in the club.

As many others suggest,i'm ok with losing and i'm ok with boring football, but somehow, RT just does not inspire;and i imagine it is the same with the players.

Then,maybe, just maybe i could give RT another season

My frustrations are not with what Trott has done this season. My frustrations are with what he and the board have not done. I agree we are in a better position than expected. Troot hasn't got a good centre back in. The club have not visually moved on with the development since the 5 a sides. I am not a football manager and would rather play. If Trotty gets a new centre back or two for next season, i may think differently. If I see the next stage of the development being built I may feel differently. We'll just have to see how things pan out won't we.

Anyway boys and girls it looks like my exile in the Channel Islands will be over soon and next season i will again be a "regular" at the Hartsdown Park centre of exellence. As I see it when I left in November 2002 we were high in the Conference and beating football League sides in the FA Cup and had a great side, since that time we have been in administration docked points and been relegated twice, it must be all down to me so have no fear as from next season we will again be on the march up the pyramid !!

Tell us that next season, the players wil start light training in mid June-2 weeks early without pay-because we are 'going for it'

Oh come on - would you work for your boss for nothing on the basis that if it worked out you would be OK at the end of whatever period was set? Of course not! Be realistic, after all, this is a job and if anyone thinks that it is something that they do just for glory they should really think again. That is why they have agents and the PFA.

Mind you, if your suggestion was to spare the club's coffers perhaps we should all have a whip round to see if the money can be raised elsewhere.

Hmmm, I wonder how many of those who welcomed Chris Kinnear's removal two years ago are now calling for Trott to go?

For the record I don't think RT is a particularly good manager, but he's not particularly bad either. The line between succcess and failure in this league is so, so thin (just look at Tonbridge in recent weeks).

Boreham Wood thought they had brought in a proven winner in George Borg, but now they are sinking towards relegation. Same with Welling and Andy Ford.

In fairness to Boreham Wood and Welling they were already in trouble.If Trotty is to go it should be at end of season allowing a new manager to get new faces in for the following season. I am on fence at moment but my biggest worry is there seems to be a lack of discipline around the squad which can easily create divisions in the changing room.

Must agree with buzzgate, there does appear to be a lack of disciplin in the squad. Standen had too many chances and his behaviour should have been stamped on long before it erupted into the recent farce. Lets face it everybody else could see what was likely to happen. How many matches did he miss this season. It was worse than last year and the problem was obvious then. The club should have taken action then. We have been told that Goodfellow had a fight in the dressing room and another player was seen drunk the night before the Ramsgate match. But what do you expect when the manager treats the players the way he does when he takes off an experienced goalkeeper and replaces him with a 15 yr old. A total lack of respect and somebody who appears not to have any control over the players behaviour.

Trott gets alot of stick unfairly IMO!!

He is doing as well with his very thin squad as Jim Ward is doing with his.

Both teams are playing at their full potential.

Margate have 6 very good players, but the rest make up the numbers and aren't really good enough, hence the lack of substitutions against Rams- looking at the Gate bench- there was no game changer to bring on- Morris would be a good sub at 1nil up, not 1nil down.

Ramsgate have 4 or 5 very good players, however the difference is the rest of the squad are also good enough for this league- even the reserves coming through the ranks can do a job if need be.

Trott if he stays needs 5 or 6 strong, proven squad players, rather than wasting all his cash on two 'STARS' at this level.

Give him a break though, the squad is very weak- depth wise IMO!

Originally Posted By: Ramos
Trott gets alot of stick unfairly IMO!!
He is doing as well with his very thin squad as Jim Ward is doing with his.
Both teams are playing at their full potential.

Margate have 6 very good players, but the rest make up the numbers and aren't really good enough, hence the lack of substitutions against Rams- looking at the Gate bench- there was no game changer to bring on- Morris would be a good sub at 1nil up, not 1nil down.

Ramsgate have 4 or 5 very good players, however the difference is the rest of the squad are also good enough for this league- even the reserves coming through the ranks can do a job if need be.
Trott if he stays needs 5 or 6 strong, proven squad players, rather than wasting all his cash on two 'STARS' at this level.

Give him a break though, the squad is very weak- depth wise IMO!

You're not really in a position the judge the abilities of the majority of our squad players are you. Considering you only see us twice a season.

Give him a break because the squad is too weak, you say. He's has 2 years to do what he wants to the playing staff, which is a fair amount of time in football. We've also got one of the biggest wage budgets in the division, so the tools are there. He's failed to build a decent defence all year. The defence is a complete shambles. Smith is the one player I could say deserves his place in that back four at the moment. We haven't seen much of Corbishley, but being the only natural right back in the squad helps his case.

Being a midtable side in what is quite a poor division (Chelmsford and AFC Wimbledon apart) is not good enough with our resources.