Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Trott Must Go Before Next Season

Porka

With quality players on the bench why did Trott select himself. He stated that he did not want to play this season but has been forced to due to injuries. Fine, but what about yesterday? I said it when he was made manager, player managers do not work. I think he should stay to prove himself as a manager but not as a player.

what worries me is now with this topic open to the reaches of the Rams surport they will make sure the Gate players not just Trotty hears that some of the Gate fans want him out . How can our players regain there confidence when they hear stuff like this around the pitch and if they lose again they will be slated .

Originally Posted By: hartsdownfan
what worries me is now with this topic open to the reaches of the Rams surport they will make sure the Gate players not just Trotty hears that some of the Gate fans want him out .

I shouldn't unduly worry...I've never been there yet when they could be heard or when there were more than 50 of them....fck knows where their attendances come from... grin

Originally Posted By: cliftonvilleblue
Great range of opinions in this thread - I'll add mine! Trott should stay......but as manager, not player manager. I've never been a fan of the latter arrangement, and I don't think that's helped this year, even though injuries etc have contributed. .... We still need to bring in 2-3 players to boost the weaker positions, though.

Agree, Robin started the season on the bench but was forced to pick himself due to injuries, however he began to resist dropping himself when he could have picked Jay (his planned senior centre back),Dan Young and Louis Smith. He then signed Goodfellow and 'discovered' Eastwood from the Reserves, but still selected himself ahead of these players. Louis Smith has now regained his spot and, by merit, has secured a place in the starting line-up ... but Robin is still selecting himself rather than taking a back seat as a player unfortunately he is not the player who was such a stable force for Stevenage in Conference and needs someone whose views he respects to give him that news.

Agree we need a few changes in personel, we'll need to trim a few players from the current squad, a couple of the senior players signed from G&N come to mind. Though we have had long term absences of Coleman & Yianni, and also have yet to see Peters in a regular attacking role.

I can only think that if he is continually selecting himself then he does not have confidence in the younger players. I have not been to a match for some time, but going by the comments on this forum it appears that some are more than capable.

Notwithstanding if i want RT to stay or go,(and frankly i am undecided),when is his contract up?

he had a one year contract-extended at end of last season.

Was it extended for one or two seasons ?

I like Trotty but i think he fails to impose discipline throughout. It is not a secret that some players hardly train whilst a few of us saw a first team squad player stumbling all over Margate at 1am this morning! I presume he is not in the squad. If he is, questions have to be asked.

You can tell this is trotts first bash at management, and whilst everyone has to start somewhere, i don't think it should have started at margate.

last season was based purely around one man, Danny Hockton. This season we just haven't kicked on as much as we should be.

Firstly we are lucky to have a club and a ground given the financial situation over the past 4 years.

Robin T. has done a pretty good job considering. For all you know, he may not have been able to bring in the players he would of liked. One thing is for sure, the side has a better attitude than last season. In football, you don't always get what you deserve, yesterday, from what I can gather, was one of those days.

The priority for the club is to get a "proper" ground built so we can once again join the ranks of the non-league "elite". Just look at the progress of sides with new or improved grounds: Salibury, Grays, Burton, Histon, Eastbourne B (newish club + new ground), Havant & W, Chelmsford City - then there's Dagenham & R. and Accrington S. who have gone on to higher things. As Keith Piper said in the local press recently, Margate FC has the potential to be a Football League side.

Stop moaning about Robin and buy some shares in the club instead.

Some interesting points raised and I wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned CK. Many keep stating "we are a big club" not sure how true that is, in a ground with no proper changing facilities, no areas to keep out of the rain, other than by the bar, in my opinion very poor facilities, no wonder the attendances have been falling it is obvious to see why.

Please tell me are we bigger than, Tonbridge, Maidstone, Dover, not to mention Wimbledon, Chelmsford etc, the answer is no to most. This is not a negative post but a realistic one, we had a chance to be a "big club" and were for a few seasons but we know what happened we had no ground so we had no chance and now we are suffering because of the short sightedness of whoever made or did not make those decisions.

To be honest if we get some sort of ground offering facilities where people will feel confortable we will be on our way until then we will stagnate, we have the potential to be a bigger club again and our loyal support is far greater than most teams in the lower conference levels, so we can do it again but it will be a long struggle and whether RT is the man or not I must say I am not sure.

I think we all including I have to accept that Margate FC are not a big club anymore. Infact I am worried that Ramsgate are now bigger than us. I know of a few Kent league clubs with a better ground than us. ( I know we are lucky to be home )

The worst thing that happened to this club was knocking down the old HDP. The pitch was one of the best in the conference at the time. They could have put up a temporary stand over the other side with temporary seating like we've got now and changing facilities whilst the old stand site was knocked down and developed. I suppose we can't live in the past but why did only 300 people turn up to the Wealdstone game. I'll tell ya, because it was cold and there is knowhere to get out of that wind. How come it has taken so long for things to happen now at HDP. When will we have the new ground promised with its facilities. Surely Princes Park Dartford did not take this long to sort out! Is it because of the council? Is it because of those in charge at the club? Will my grandad ever get his brick with his name on it that he paid for? Will the ground be built in time for him to see it? As for Trott i'm not sure. He failed this season to get a decent centre half. If we hadn't conceded as many as we have surely we'd be in the playoffs. We talk about crowds and look at Dover. Parmenter brings in Hess and the crowds go up. A manager with a good name and the right contacts. What contacts has Trotty got above this standard of football? I thought we looked better with Flannagan along side last season. I've heard good things about him. Oh and I hear that CK is on Wallace's wish list at Folkestone for next season. I'm not sure what direction we are going at the moment. The whole thing seems to be a total shambles. I hope things are different next season because I may pay a little more interest. I'm sorry if my comments annoy people on here but this is how I see things at the moment.

Not gonna rub it in but can I just make a post, don't bother telling me to F Off because I know you want to because of the result yesturday

But

Yesturday I really think you needed som1 in that Technical Area, Ramsgate had the Wards Shouting and Screaming, and your Technical Area you had nothing, even it was Mark Weatherly (away with ressies I know) or someone, but you need someone watching the game from there in my opinion.

Fair Post?

Your'e right mate. We had Flannagan last season and he was good. Lets face it. You could hear the Ward brothers the other side of the channel. You've got the bragging rights and to be honest I think you've had them for a while.

I'm not generally one for posts of more than one or two lines but ...........

I suspect much of the reason for things that people express disatisfaction about is down to money - plain and simple. Yes, I wish we were in a higher league but I feel more positive about the club now than I did when we were squatting at the Crapple and being forced to play on Sundays or travelling to Ashford wondering if it was going to be the last game. Yes, facilities at HDP are poor but 3 years ago we wondered if we would ever be back and many doom mongers were sure we wouldn't. The club clearly has a lower budget this year than last yet we have still been able to challenge for the play-offs, OK as it stands right now, Ramsgate sit above us and that hurts big time. However, we also have a relatively stable team for the first time in 4 or 5 years - I can actually name all the players without having to ask (well nearly)! For the most part the team look as if they are playing as a team and really want to succeed for each other and for the fans. For whatever reason we do have some infrastructure in place so that we have a reserve team and youth set up and that IS feeding in to the first team. I thought Trotty spoke very sensibly after the game yesterday - he clearly recognises the defence isn't what he would want it to be but that's the financial reality playing out. Now clearly there are several people on this forum who would make better managers but I'm sure they have far more important things to do, so for the time I'm very happy with the job Trotty is doing and look forward to seeing us push on next season with hopefully building on a settled team and improved facilities.

By the way, I've changed the thread title.