Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough Town vs Burnham - Line Ups, HT, FT Updates

GarySTFC

Guest Anonymous

I think you need to take the focus off the managers and players and look a bit higher up, thats where the problem lies, think about the very little support the managers and players get from the board, Betsey and Barney a perfect example, built a squad up from nothing with no backing on or off the field, appointed a new manager before betsey and barney even resigned. Thats where the problem is.

Not the best idea I've ever had, decide at 12 that I'll come to this one! Drive through two blizzards to watch that, then back through another one. They were not that much better than us, just a hell of a lot more street wise. Little nudges here, and shirt pulls there, we just could not cope, bar Pritchard and Daly. Abject defending in second half, but third goal was pure class. Can not see us getting anymore points, not even at Newport. having said that will still be able to get to 3 of last 7 games. Love the crack, just can't stand the pain.

Considering it was a local derby it was an extreamley poor turn out by Burnham.

And in the same vain it was a derby lacking any passion from the Slough players - hope there is more for the Windsor game!

And I have heard that the Players have asked who I am - well I am the one who sings and shouts for the team week in week out - I have put my passion into suppoting the team, now lets see you the players do the same to reward the loyalty of the fans who still turn up every week even though the team are currently in 21st place!!!!

Guest chris-sliski

desperate ...we were ok in the first half, in fact the 15mins upto half time we were creating and playing some good football..confidence is at a record low...we just did not have any answers in the second half....hope the players really show us some pride for monday...we need to start fighter for our lives...

up the rebels...

We had a discussion about lobotomies in the second half, and that's what i must have had to want to travel to watch that dross in the second half. Agree with Grandad, good laugh - but as for the football...

Sad thing was a few of us were already planning our away trips to Dog and Duck Village Dynamos next season.

Originally Posted By: Staines Rebel
Considering it was a local derby it was an extreamley poor turn out by Burnham.

And in the same vain it was a derby lacking any passion from the Slough players - hope there is more for the Windsor game!

And I have heard that the Players have asked who I am - well I am the one who sings and shouts for the team week in week out - I have put my passion into suppoting the team, now lets see you the players do the same to reward the loyalty of the fans who still turn up every week even though the team are currently in 21st place!!!!

there were a few burnham there,and to the so called burnham fan who thought he could get to me why dont you contribute something and come on here instead of just being a voyeur.
yesterday reminded me that despite slough being 21st id still rather be among rebel supporters than with that dross.

Speaking as a supporter of a Dog and Duck Village Dynamos team,

I can assure you that teams in the Combined Counties Premiership are run on a very Professional basis. Having seen many games this season in your league at the team currently in pole position and many more in the CC I can assure you that the top 6 would have no difficulty surviving in the BGSL. In fact Merstham would probably come very close to winning it, pre seaon you lost to Guildford City currently 2nd and Dorking at this point bottom.

Sincerely hope you escape relegation as Bracknell look really poor.

I might also add we lost to Neasden Foundation in pre-season - Combined Counties Division 1, never mind the Premier! And they outplayed us at times!

I know that Camberley have been having a very good season indeed. But if we were to go down, I don't know whether we would be joining them in the CCL or the Spartan.

The biggest problem I see is not the fact we would be relegated yet again, as we've all been though that many times before, and we would deserve to if we finish below Bracknell, but that it is going to be very difficult to climb back out - because as far as I can see, only the champion club gets a shot at promotion to Step 4. Therefore despite all the ambition off the pitch, we could be stuck at Step 5 for a while.

I think one of the most crucial things for next season is consistancy, relegated or not, but not just in results, in the squad. Over this and last season we must have turned over at least 100 players, which is just crazy.

We need a settled squad across the majority of the season which is something we haven't had since the days of Eddie Denton. We need a solid preseason with consistant lineups/squad for the new manager to work with, leading into a fresh campaign in whichever league we are in without all the chopping and changing of the last 2 seasons.

Quite agree Matt once your at level 5 it is really difficult to get out with their being only one Promoted club. As I previously said do hope you retain your step4 status because I think it may be some time before you regain it. Most certainly the CC is a most competetive league with any team being able to beat each other. With last years Champions holding there own in the Rymans

South(Chipstead) I can see Merstham kicking on to greater heights as they are a really slick oufit. With a superb set up from Chairman through to the Management team and also some real quality players especially a lad called Greenhouse who would hold his own in the Ryman Prem.

Guest Anonymous

I heard someone say that Dave Barret has left? Where and why has He gone? I was on the understanding that He was injured and two games in a weekend would have been two much

Guest Anonymous

Why has he gone? Does anyone else feel aggrieved that he club let Him sign for someone else considering our position and the type of player He is