Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TICKET ARRANGEMENTS

It's going to be interesting watching the ticket sales at both clubs, methinks.

We're expecting, after an inital grab for tickets, for things to plateau or stall until after a possible play-off semi second leg on May 3rd. There are a few factors coming in to play in the Westcountry.

Firstly, on the hope of being at Wembley twice in 8 days, quite a number of folks will be hard pressed to afford two visits, especially those with families or on a low wage. Some people are already saying on our board ( http://torquayunited.talkboards.net/YaBB.pl?board=general ) that if they had to choose one match only, they'd go for the more important one as far as the club is concerned. Now, this isn't to downplay the Trophy, which is seen as a worthy and prestigious piece of silverware, especially for our club which has nothing but the Devon Bowl in it's non-existent cabinet, more a recognition that regaining League status stacks up a little higher.

Secondly, though, some folks say they might choose the Trophy final as it's seen as more winnable compared to a potential play-off final. Again, no slight on the Fleet, more a further recognition that a potential play-off opponent would be somebody who has shown form over 10 months.

Thirdly, a very few folks are getting pompous and mouthing off about the fact that we appeared three times already under the Twin Towers and it's not quite as magical as before. Routinely, they're being told to get off their high horses and realise it's been 10 years since we were last there with no guarantee of future visits!

What I and many others are hoping for is some good form by TUFC between now and the end of the season, and in the play-offs should we qualify, to really get folks fired up for both games. Naturally, from our perspective, a final against Excretia would empty Devon out with that scenario at Wembley being a guaranteed sell-out. Folks would then clamour for Trophy tickets as the only realistic means of seeing the Gulls under the Arch this season.

Whatever happens, I hope we bring a good contingent, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if you had the larger following at the Trophy final.

Any thoughts from your end?

Cheers

Bruce a.k.a. Northumbergull

As I started this thread I just wanted to confirm my intention was not to start another them and us debate but to say it would be nice if long-term/loyal supporters who hold a season ticket perhaps got given the first hour of ticket sales so as to avoid queuing with everyone else. A bit of looking after those who supported the club before fame struck.

However it is not to be. We are to be treated the same as the bloke who has never seen the Fleet before and wants a ticket or two apart from being able to buy tickets for a season ticket holder section.

I have been turning up regularly to the fleet, since december. (actually they havent lost a home game since ive started lol), but personally speaking i feel we should welcome the "newbies" as we all had to be new once! and it doesnt realy matter on the situation as long as we get all the fans behind us at the right point and hopefully keep some, who knows what will happen next year........Europe or that could be a bit hopefull!

Originally Posted By: Trumpet
I have been turning up regularly to the fleet, since december. (actually they havent lost a home game since ive started lol), but personally speaking i feel we should welcome the "newbies" as we all had to be new once! and it doesnt realy matter on the situation as long as we get all the fans behind us at the right point and hopefully keep some, who knows what will happen next year........Europe or that could be a bit hopefull!

No-one has suggested otherwise!
The more the merrier - the point that is being made is that those who have shown long term commitment should be given some concession for this - and quite rightly so.