Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TICKET ARRANGEMENTS

Originally Posted By: pxmose
Interesting that if I shell out in excess of a couple thousand dollars to travel across the Atlantic to see a team I have only been made aware of about 2 months ago somehow that still makes me somehow worthy to sit only with the other NEW fans.

Money spent has nothing to do with it pxmose - and its nothing to do with excluding anyone, the more the merrier! But some people just like what they know - and know what they like!

I must say that while I kinda see BTGs point, it is sort of insulting at the same time. Far be it from me to crash a party where I am not wanted. AND quite frankly, if that IS the overlying feeling from older fans, (although I don't think it is), then I will stay home, hunker down and ride out the recession.

Your thoughts are correct - and seeing your team run out at Wembley is an amazing occasion, don't miss out on what is a very, very rare opportunity

Quite frankly, if I got all the way over to Wembley and saw some [****!!****] holding a THANKS BUT NO YANKS sign, I would probably drop him, and then probably get dropped myself. One thing I am still guaging is whether or not the overall feeling is that we NEWBIES would be welcome. If not, that is OK, just as long as you understand that for most of us, this is support that comes from a love for football and a desire to be part of something grassroots.

I doubt if you would EVER see that kinda banner at a football game (wonders WHERE you would see it!!). And n00b or not, you will have a great day!

Originally Posted By: rsheard
PatMan, I think we crossed signals. I actually agree with you that there's no reason for MyFC to be able to buy tickets online and local supporters not be able to do that as well. I don't know the infrastructure involved, but I would like to think it's possible. I was responding to a few comments that seemed to suggest local residents who don't regularly go to Fleet games didn't have a right to go to Wembley, as if they haven't paid their dues. It wasn't even a dig at MyFC (for a change) smile

My only point was that sure, they're not regulars. But maybe the day at Wembley will convert some of them into future regulars. And since there's not going to be a ticket shortage for the day, and they're not keeping a regular supporter from attending, why begrudge them the day out? Not suggesting at all that this was your attitude, just a general feeling from some of the other posts this week.

I'm just hoping to win the lottery soon so I can join you. Do you have to play the lottery to win the lottery? smile

rsheard - I think that a big day-out at Wembley might be the one thing that has a positive increase on the Stonebridge Road gate. This will give many thousands of fans (old, new, MyFC and just basic footy fans) the chance to not only see the Fleet in action, but at a great venue. There can be no reason for not going to this match for UK fans. Plenty of tickets, superb facilities, easy access, advance notification... all the usual excuses removed.
Theres also a good chance that Fleet will be bringing home the FA Trophy (as long as they don't play like tonight!)

Originally Posted By: PatMan

Quite frankly, if I got all the way over to Wembley and saw some [****!!****] holding a THANKS BUT NO YANKS sign, I would probably drop him,

I doubt if you would EVER see that kinda banner at a football game (wonders WHERE you would see it!!).

Iraq???

All new people are welcome. I hope, but know that it is very unlikely, that we sell out Wembley and to do that we will need a lot of new fans, MyFC people and one day only fans but for me I don't want to watch the game with these people, I want to watch the people with my mates that I go with every week.

I will have a beer with anyone before the game though.

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars

I will have a beer with anyone before the game though.

Great points Harry. And a kind gesture to us new arrivals. With a common love of football and beer, I think this whole thing might just work out fine.

Originally Posted By: waggamick
Where's the Australian section?
It's got to have guards and seats with leg irons.

Wasn't Wembley built by an Aussie sub-contractor. So they must have installed them somewhere. Or perhaps they needed them for the boat home.

The Bath House in Soho!

Cracking pub. It's my work local.

I have a fair idea I will be heading there.

Classic moment on the way home tonight.

Got off the train at Gravesend station and was crossing over the bridge when these two blokes in their twenties started talking to me. Bear in mind I am in full Fleet gear here, including 'gnome' hat Stu.

They asked me if Charlton had won!!!!????

I explained that I was not at Charlton but at Stevenage watching the Fleet lose. One of them said 'Oh right, the Fleet. I'm going to Wembley. Are you?' I told him I was thinking about it.

His mate then fell down the stairs on the Gillingham side. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Originally Posted By: fleetboy14
does anybody think there will be any limit per person for tickets coz ill be probably queing for about 6-8 tickets

Originally Posted By: fleetboy14
does anybody think there will be any limit per person for tickets coz ill be probably queing for about 6-8 tickets

Blimey Fleetboy, thats 12-16 tickets you will be queuing up for! Double post mockery!