Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

MyFC!

Jeff

One day I will tell you how we got The Model to number one in the UK singles chart, turning the Krafties into a worldwide phenomenon.

The Sweet? Great band. Saw them at the Rainbow. Did they ever kick ass!! They rocked as hard as anyone I've ever seen. Didn't work with them as they were with RCA. I heard they were VERY naughty boys, true S & D & R & R if you know what I mean. Not many people know that the lead singer Brian Connelly was the brother of Taggart actor the late Mark McManus. There's been a murrrrder! Pip pip! Lord Chas

Originally Posted By: Charles Webster
One day I will tell you how we got The Model to number one in the UK singles chart, turning the Krafties into a worldwide phenomenon.

You do then realise Chas, that you are personally responsible for 'dance music'? Every popular dance act since the 80's has named Kraftwerk as a musical influence!

A certain Mr David Jones of Beckenham was/is also a disciple. Bowie to you. This wasn't dance musio - this was the birth of minimalism through electro. It was other people who took it to disco - not Rolf and his mute sidekicks.They were NEVER into dance music, to them it was all about ART. They were more like Gilbert & George or the Bauhaus movement than pop music. They were revolutionary geniuses and, in their way, as influential as the Beatles or Pistols.Pip pip!

A certain Mr David Jones of Beckenham was/is also a disciple. Bowie to you. This wasn't dance musio - this was the birth of minimalism through electro. It was other people who took it to disco - not Rolf and his mute sidekicks.They were NEVER into dance music, to them it was all about ART. They were more like Gilbert & George or the Bauhaus movement than pop music. They were revolutionary geniuses and, in their way, as influential as the Beatles or Pistols.Pip pip!

He did a gig at the Central pub, and got booed out of the place apparently.

Originally Posted By: BustaGut

He did a gig at the Central pub, and got booed out of the place apparently.

Lucky he got away that lightly from there! eek

It wasn't the Central - it was the General Gordon on King's Farm, before it became a no go area according to the police and before he discovered Kraftwerk. In an unconnected story, Marty Wilde was once bottled off at the Co Op Hall in Harmer Street and vowed never to play in Gravesend ever again. Ever. And guess what? He didn't!!

Originally Posted By: David Holden
Nothing wrong with Prog Rock

Welcome Back My Friends to the Show that Never Ends

David, is that a reference to EL&P? If not, sorry. If so, they're still the only band I ever paid to see live. Cut my teeth on their albums.