Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Survey Result - price for adult admission 08/09

Yorkfox

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
Aff, I contacted the Football Conference, and you are correct .

" The Football Conference does stipulate a minimum charge of £7.00 for admission to all matches in the Blue Square Premier.
Clubs may vary the operation of this rule in respect of admission of juniors and senior citizens or other concessions they deem appropriate. "

We should stop charging pensioners altogether. They've likely been coming here longer than most of us have been alive and kept this club afloat when times were (much) worse

Originally Posted By: Adzifleet
Not charging pensioners would be good,i was first brought to the club in 76 by my dad who now is 80 not missing many games in that time ,i think that would be a real thank you for his support

Absolutely, I doubt it would cost all that much, I think it would be a great way to say thank you and it wouldn't go down too badly with the press I'd imagine wink

Originally Posted By: Adzifleet
Not charging pensioners would be good,i was first brought to the club in 76 by my dad who now is 80 not missing many games in that time ,i think that would be a real thank you for his support

All pensioners should be allowed in free of charge, as long as they are accompanied by both parents... wink

The free admission for seniors is another interesting one. There was some discussion on the thread about the senior age not being well defined, and that it should a fixed age, eg 60 .

Would this cost the club too much if 60 was the age to go free ?

60 isnt old these days, would senior prices at 60, free at 70 work ?

If 60 was free, I would get free in just 15 years ! :-)

We are getting talk here on 2 threads, but in general, is 60 or 65 the age that we should go for senior prices ?

Is the free option feasable ?, what age, 70 ?

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
I agree, what's the point in saying Pensioners free, then excluding a large portion of them, by raising the age to 70?

What I meant was if the FREE thing was too expensive to work, charge the concession £7 rate at 60 or 65 ( Whatever the date was decided) then at £70 offer the £25 Season Ticket.