Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

First Game of the season - MYFC take note!

JimGNFC

Like you I would certainly hope so, but in the world we live in today where the armchair fans reign supreme and for the cost of under 3 matches (based on adult admission alone) in the flesh, people can watch every game home & away for only £35.

My cousin had two free tickets to go and watch Spurs next Sat v Pompey, I took them as my bro in law is a Spurs fan and he's never been to the Lane, so offered him the tickets and he turned them down. His reasoning was due to it being on Sky.

I think he's mad especially as he's never been to a Spurs game, but tis today's football culture. Not only do we have to compete with London clubs on our doorstep, other potential supporters would rather stay in and watch the lunchtime Sky match, and it's the same story for all non-league clubs unless it's pushing for promotion, or gets to a cup final.

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: Alan ( GNFC )
Is not the biggest problem that Fleet games can be viewed on the net for £45 a year - £35 MYFC membership and then £10 for some gismo thingy ?

Is it not only £35? The extra £10 just gives hi-definition if I am right?

But, THAT could be a factor why very few MyFC would want to make the effort to leave their armchairs on a cold night for anything less than cup-glory!

But the games aren't live on the website. Due to broadcasting deals, they can't be shown till the next day or something.

Originally Posted By: clowntown

But the games aren't live on the website. Due to broadcasting deals, they can't be shown till the next day or something.

True - but why would that make any difference? Hmmm, stay indoors on a cold Tuesday night and watch the game a day later OR shift themselves, pay another £13 and see a game that (for most) means very little to them, live.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
I paid the extra £10.00 for High Res and of course it won't stop me going to the games.

Same here Slarti. Although I am a little disappointed they haven't uploaded the Rushden game yet. Can't wait to see that again. whistle

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
I paid the extra £10.00 for High Res and of course it won't stop me going to the games.

Of course it won't Slarti - but then again you aren't Alan Apathetic...
You are already hooked - its working out how to hook the "Alans" of the community that's the problem!

I agree totally with JimGNFC when he says that good things minght have been tried in the past by the club,and they should be tried again.

There has been many actions suggested over at the other forum..and the response to all of it has more or less been..been tried before and didn´t work.

I might very well be that the action taken in itself wasn´t the factor that made it unsuccesful..but rather implementation,lenght of time and so on,so on.

Originally Posted By: Claudius
I might very well be that the action taken in itself wasn´t the factor that made it unsuccesful..but rather implementation,lenght of time and so on,so on.

I think that you are right, it seemed to me that the problem was often one of advertising; many times I would phone friends to tell them that it was 'Kids for a Quid' this week in the hope of dragging their lazy arses down to the ground with their offspring. The fact that they did not know about this was an obvious failing.

One thing that happened a few years ago was visits by players to schools and the handing out of free tickets. It was this initiative that saw my son get a freebie 4ish years ago. I took him and he quite enjoyed it. That was all the encouragement I needed to get a season ticket for the pair of us, and my father-in-law used 'spending time with my grandchild' as a valid reason to get one for himself. So that initiative brought in at least three season tickets for the past three years.

Worth trying again?

I definetly thinks it is worth another shot.

Well advertised and promoted by the players over a decent time period.

This are not things that can be succesful if only being tried randomly and over a short period of time.

I was just wondering..how many kids are currently playing for different EUFC youth teams?

Including both boys and girls?

I don´t know what time they are playing and so on..but it seems that alot of those are not attending Stonebridge Road.

Are they even aware of the 25 quid junior season ticket?

Another thing..I read a post once by some local fan that said that when there was a fare(or something like that)in the local area..clubs like Charlton was always represented there,but not EUFC.

It is not a biggie,but I do points towards that all things hasn´t been handle as well as they could have been in the past IMO.

Having a local fare(or something)with clubs like Charlton always represented there while EUFC isn´t..cannot be good.

Perhaps a player like Jimmy Bullard could come down for a couple of hours to promote the club to the local kids at opportunities like this..combine it with a open day at Stonebridge road for example.

There has to be ways of doing things better.

Originally Posted By: Claudius
Another thing..I read a post once by some local fan that said that when there was a fare(or something like that)in the local area..clubs like Charlton was always represented there,but not EUFC.

That was me Claudius. I did have a bee in my bonnet about this. The Riverside Festival in Gravesend. Kids walking around the prom with Charlton freebies. The Police Station Open Day, again Charlton have a stand there giving out freebies. If we now believe we are a big club (in terms of fan base) we must start marketing like one.

Speaking to a colleague about tomorrows Sports relief day, she apparently approached Brian about it, but because of tomorrows little match they obviously couldn't do anything. That's fair enough I think.

They do need to have a presence at both of the regattas and the Big Day Out this year though I think.