Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

crowds

urchinman1961

Originally Posted By: Steph
No good beer in the bar, I don't drink so not a problem.

No good standing position. Are you sure? There is plenty of room for standing.

No easy parking. I have never had a problem parking near the ground. Maybe we could knock down the clubhouse to make more parking spaces or you could come by public transport, of course.

A poor viewing ground. Poor in what respect?

Do you want any other reasons why you cannot get crowds?

Originally Posted By: urchinman1961
although my shop is in benfleet i will gladly put a poster up in my window you never know i might get a few floating supporters as the local teams out this way are crap

Benfleet eh... I'll send you one of ours over laugh

im just a loyal urchin spreading the word you never no most of man u fans commute from the south so we could have the castle point branch of the afc hornchurch supporters club anyway your fans come to watch us so i will try and work on the good people of benfleet and thundersley theres more money there than canvey

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

AFC Hornchurch 1,030 264 439 427 +2.7%

Enfield Town 303 205 240 291 -17.6%

never learn do they.... biggrin1

Unc,
Looks like Home crowds are down everywhere.
Crowds at Hornchurch this season would be of some concern as well I would think.

While you are averaging 425 per RPL Home game which equates with 425 after 12 rounds last seaon and 425 ( a statistical coincidence)per game for the 21 matches of the whole season last year, there has been a decline over the last 9 rounds after bumper crowds against Billericay(1030) and Chelmsford(806) in the first three matches, to see AFC Hornchurch averaging 320 per game. A 19% decline on last season's average.

Last season you had only 2 games in the first 12 with under 400 attending at Home..this season you have had only 2 games in the the first 12 with over 400 (Billericay/Chelmsford) attending.

I see that your two biggest Home crowds last year were CI (751) and Enfield Town (613).

Originally Posted By: Serious Sid
Many thanks for your comments Sir, but do you think you are telling us anything that we didn't know already?

ha ha...wagga wagga is okay sidders...he's a school teacher from daan unda and is a member of MyFc who as you may well know are just about to take over ebbsfleet....as you also may know I have recently been venturing onto the ebbs forum to get my two penneth in regarding the MyFc shindig...views that I must confess have been received with somewhat mixed response... grin

fans ownership of sporting clubs is the norm in oz apparently and ww has some interesting views on such matters...he also has a sense of humour so is welcome on here... yay

we still haven't really had any away fans at the bridge apart from chelmo & ricay and our gates are up.

Ramsgate bought more to the bridge for the cup game than they did for the league game.

I am sure our gates will go up if we stay where we are and in all honesty the gate on saturday wasn't too bad.

Plus league football is being played 5 miles down the road and any floaters may well go to watch this,and also romford are pileing in the crowds with their march to european glory!

Originally Posted By: waggamick
Thanks Unc!
Couldn't see anyone lasting long on here without a sense of humour.
"received with somewhat mixed response"
A master of understatement...You add a new meaning to agent provocateur.

So, out of curiosity, what was the correct 'forum way' to react to your post? It seemed a very factual post with no humourous undertones so got a factual reply from me. Had your post raised a smile I might have had some inkling it was meant tongue in cheek.

Thanks Unc!

So, out of curiosity, what was the correct 'forum way' to react to your post? It seemed a very factual post with no humourous undertones so got a factual reply from me. Had your post raised a smile I might have had some inkling it was meant tongue in cheek.

anything remotely concerning attendances sidders is a pi55 take and should be ignored at all times... grin

Thanks Unc!

Actually wasn't meant to be humourous.
Nothing wrong with your reply.
I was pointing out to UU that statistics such as raw percentages can hide alarming trends.
Not sure why UU had a go at you.
Look forward to your posts Sid.
Mick

Cheers Mick

Always happy to have a 'serious' and meaningful discussion.

The obvious and 'serious' response to your post is that you raise some interesting issues. My own take on it all is that sadly 'casual' supporters like to watch a winning team. Now last year we beat everything that was thrown at us but this season, in a higher league, we have found our true level and are finding it tougher to compete. This actually makes games more interesting. A hard earned 1-0 victory can be more satisfying that a 5-0 thrashing. However, some of the 'casuals' do not see it that way.

We have spent the first half of the season finding our feet in this League and we will surely have a better second half. Once we string a few good results together I am sure our attendances will rise.