Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Croydon Athletic Announcement re Kits4Causes Appeal

Chenners

AFC Croydon Athletic Announcement re Kits4Causes Appeal

"This is a world cup season and in just 9 months 32 nations from all over the globe will gather in Brazil.  Football is played in every far flung corner and to celebrate that AFC Croydon Athletic have teams up with Kits4Causes to for the forthcoming season.

Kits4Causes is an organisation that collects football and sports shirts and other equipment for charities to distribute through their projects around the world.   The club have joined forces to try to collect as many shirts (and other items) during the forthcoming season.

“I am pleased we can support this work and I hope we can collect as many items as possible.” Said Club Chairman Paul Smith.   “We shall be collecting throughout the season.   We have a few ideas about things we can do to maximise the number of shirts we can send off.   I also hope that some other clubs in the league will like to donate some items too.”

Club Member and supporter Julian Chenery has supported the organisation before and it is through him that the club have decided to sign up for the season ahead.

“Any sporting shirts are welcome, not just football.”   Chenery said.   “But I am sure there are plenty of old shirts out there in the bottom of wardrobes that people will be happy to donate.”

If anyone wishes to donate a shirt they can do so by bringing them along on matchday or by emailing the club at donate@afccroydonathletic.co.uk and arrangements can be made for collection."

If any club can assist with this appeal - and donations can range from old kits no longer required, parts of old kits, spare shirts, training tops, polo shirts etc - or just individual donations from club members can they contact the club.

Alternatively, particularly if you are not due to play AFC Croydon Athletic, please feel free to contact me via this forum.

Many thanks.

Full list of supporting clubs / organisations:

AFC CROYDON ATHLETIC

AUCHINLECK TALBOT FC

CROYDON NETBALL LEAGUE

CULLOMPTON RANGERS AFC

HEAVITREE UNITED AFC

KIRKINTILLOCH ROB ROY FC

SALTASH UNITED AFC

ST STEPHENS BOROUGH AFC

Julian Chenery

Yours?

Shouldn't they be in the V&A?

Think they hailed from the tomb of King Tutankhamun.

Hi Smudge,

I would be delighted to accept a donation of a referees top and shorts.

Easiest way would be for you to bring to a AFC Croydon Athletic game you are attending.

You can either give them to myself or the best person at the club is the Chairman Paul Smith.

Hope thats OK and thanks very much for the offer.

Smudge,

Tried sending a PM re this but couldnt do so.

Just really asking that you let me know in advance if possible the game you will be bringing the refs kit to so I can try to be there or, if not, ensure that the club knows you will be bringing it.

Many thanks.

I will pop them into Paul.Who was the JOBSWORTH REF,who sent Louis Blake off on Saturday?Have not had any PMs since 1st of August,maybe I have been banned from sending or receiving them.

I'll test it for you smudger.

Glad to hear it.

I thought it was he rattling of locks and clanking of chains yet again !

I will pop them into Paul.Who was the JOBSWORTH REF,who sent Louis Blake off on Saturday?Have not had any PMs since 1st of August,maybe I have been banned from sending or receiving them.

The referee was Jack Ohene.

And it made the nationals!  See todays Daily Mirror sports page

Link would have been good to save time, Jelly.

Link would have been good to save time, Jelly.

Did try but the Daily Mirror page wouldn't let me do it.

All,

Returning to the original reason for this post could I repeat the appeal to any club, club official, match official, player or spectator to support this appeal on behalf of kits4causes either by donating whatever you can whenever you play AFC Croydon Athletic or by contacting either myself or the club.

I attach some further info re kits4causes:

Our Aims

The primary aim of Kits4Causes is very simple. We want to help as many charities as possible achieve their aims through the use of football and the donated football kits we distribute.

Football is loved the world over, however it is the sad case that there are many people around the world who are not able to experience it like many of us in more economically developed countries can. Football can provide the vital connection needed for charities to get their point across, and the football kits become the incentive, breaking down stubborn social and cultural barriers to many issues experienced all over the world. Throwing money alone at these issues will not solve them.

“Sport has the power to change the world, the power to inspire, the power to unite people in a way that little else can.” - Nelson Mandela

We also aim to educate people within the UK on the potential for social development through football. We want to show the inherent power of football to make a real difference. We aim to create an appreciation for the life that many of us live in, whilst also showing how football can bring us together in the UK, regardless of gender, race or religion.

Football really does provide a real incentive for change, and we aim to work with any organisation based that recognises the use of football for social change. So far we have:

• Helped to break-down the enshrined stigma of HIV/AIDs via the use of football, tackling HIV/AIDs head on via the use of preventive education.
  • Helped to bring warring communities together, playing an active role in the South Sudan as well as in Northern Nigeria between Christian and Muslim communities.
  • Helped to increase the importance of education, increasing attendance at schools.
  • Helped to widen the reach of health education provided by organisations.
  • Put a smile on the faces over 13000 people and brought them a bit of joy and happiness.

Did try but the Daily Mirror page wouldn't let me do it.

Old news now, anyway, Jumbo..  I always have found the Mirror web-site page rather difficult.

Again to get back to the reason for the post, I quote from the Pie & Bovril forum for Scottish Junior (non-league) football:

Pie & Bovril Junior Football Forum User “Roy Race”

"Its nice to think that some wee guy's or lassie's 1st fitba tap could be a Rob Roy, Pollok or Talbot shirt etc. I am sure they will treasure it, albeit the terrible circumstances some of the poor souls will be in life. Hope it brightens up their life for at least that moment."

The same applies equally as much to CCL sides tops as it does Scottish Junior football club tops.

Archived